Navigating the map
You may navigate the map to view specific information about countries where MNT is eliminated, where MNT is still a threat and where fundraising efforts are ongoing. Click on a fundraising country for the fundraising totals of that country and respective districts or click on a country where MNT is not eliminated to learn more about that country’s current stage in its progress towards eliminating MNT.
For each country where MNT remains a threat, selecting that country will display its “MNT Elimination Progress.” The stages of “MNT Elimination Progress” are defined below:
20 percent - Countries preparing for activities
- These countries are currently in the planning stage, whereby they identify the population groups/communities that need to be reached along with key stakeholders who can support the execution of the activities; the countries identify the material resources (vaccines, auto-disable (AD) syringes, safety boxes, etc.) needed to successfully complete Tetanus Toxoid Supplemental Immunization Activities (TT-SIAs); the countries prepare a detailed budget for the activities; and the countries identify the optimal timing of the immunization activities
40 percent - Countries conducting or will soon conduct activities
- These are countries which are currently or will soon be carrying out either TT-SIAs or Maternal and Neonatal Health (MNH) activities.
60 percent - Countries ready for pre-validation
- These are countries which have completed activities and which are ready to be pre-validated, or, in other words, countries which are reviewing their survey data to see if they successfully reached enough women of childbearing age and if they are ready to be validated by the World Health Organization (WHO).
80 percent - Countries due for validation surveys
- These are countries that are ready for the World Health Organization (WHO) to come to the country and conduct Lot Quality Assessments (LQAs), which will determine whether or not there is fewer than one case of neonatal tetanus per 1,000 live births in every district of the country (the definition of elimination).
100 percent - Countries validated as having eliminated MNT
- These are countries that have been validated by the WHO as having eliminated MNT.
To find more information about a country, visit that country’s individual page where you can also view photos and stories. Check out the United States
and Sierra Leone