Events > International Convention > Travel and hotel
Travel and hotel information
Use the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) in Washington, D.C., for easiest access to convention events.
Washington, D.C., is accessible by traveling on Interstate 95 (heading north or south) or Route 66 (heading east). The Washington Hilton is located near the intersection of Connecticut Avenue and T Street NW.
All 2013 Key Club International Convention attendees must stay at:
1919 Connecticut Ave. NW
Washington, D.C. 20009
Reservations must be made through Key Club International by using the official registration form.
The Washington Hilton will not accept direct reservations at the group rate.
Hotel rate is US$145 per room, per night plus 14.5 percent tax. Tax rate is subject to change.
Room rate: US$145
Total cost per room, per night: US$166.03
Up to four people of the same gender may share a room at this rate. Roommates should arrive and depart on the same day.
- No adult(s) other than the parent or legal guardian may share a room with any Key Club member(s); see chaperone requirements below.
- Key Club International will not match roommates.
- Attendees are responsible for paying their own hotel room and tax expenses and incidental charges (phone, Internet, etc.).
- To guarantee hotel reservations, a credit card is required for each person staying in the room. You may pay by cash, check or credit card upon checkout at the hotel.
- Attention debit card users: Please be aware that the hotel will place a “hold” for the full amount of your stay plus US$50 per night to cover any incidental charges. This “hold” will be deducted from your account immediately and could make funds unavailable.
- Hotel accommodations cannot be guaranteed if the registration form is received after June 3, 2013.
- Cancellation: If hotel cancellation is received, or if you check in later than your indicated arrival date, the hotel will charge one night’s room and tax as a penalty.
- Hotel check-in time is 4 p.m. Checkout time is 11 a.m.
Chaperone requirements Chaperones may be a Kiwanian, faculty member, parent, legal guardian or person in loco parentis who is 21 or older, approved by the school and registered with and accompanying the Key Club members to the meetings and sessions. A background check is required for all adult non-Key Club members over the age of 18.
- There must be at least one chaperone for every 10 or part of 10 Key Club members from the same school or district, unless otherwise required by the Key Club International director.
- Chaperones must register for the convention by submitting their own copy of the registration form, stay in the designated hotel and remain on-site during the convention.
- No adult(s) other than the parent or legal guardian may share a room with any Key Club member(s).
- Designated chaperones are required for individuals not with a district tour.